Now in your cart:
0 items

Davey ACQUSAFE

Ensuring your stored water supply is safe for consumption, can be a tricky task.  Water captured on rooftops can easily be contaminated as debrit easily washes into the tank during a down pour.  Drinking this untreated water can be unsafe and lead to illness.  Treating water is essential to ensure good health for you and your family.

Davey offer a product called Acquasafe as an alternative to dosing with chlorine. Acquasafe is tasteless, odourless and chlorine free, designed specifically for tank water disinfection. With a residual life of up to 2 months, Acquasafe is low cost and non toxic and is approved by the National Health & Medical Research Council for use in drinking water.

Aquasafe contains a stabilised form of H2O2 which oxidises bacteria and pathogens more effectively than most chlorine-based sanitisers without leaving any toxic residue or taste in the water. Acquasafe destroys virtually all bacteria and virus, making tank water much safer for consumption.

Acquasafe modifies the environment inside the rainwater tank by removing micro-organisms and bacteria that is the food source for larvae. It also raises the dissolved oxygen of the water that mosquitoes and other bugs can find unpleasant.

Acquasafe used in drinking water supplies should be combined with one micron filtration, if the presence of cysts such as Giardia or Cryptosporidium is suspected.

Watch a video on drinking rainwater

Why Treat Your Tank Water With Acquasafe?